I hope this is in the right location for this question,If not forgive me. The question is has any one used the Halscope section that is in the Linuxcnc to monitor the outputs of the step and direction signals on the port pins while using the linuxcnc.Im trying to study the halscope tutitorals and it gives me the impression it does.Im thinking it might only show whats at the pins at the parallel port that is connected to the Breakout board but not beyond.I have a mechatronics 3-axis control board that uses the A3977SEDT chip with some opto-isolators from the step and direction pins before going to that chip but one axis will not turn a stepper.Seems like its not getting the step signal to that chip.Im going to order those ICS and just replace them.I switched them with the ics from the working axis.and that axis still did not work. dont think there bad.I saw on line where you can use the audio input of your laptop as a O-scope if I can do that I can follow that step pins signal through the opto-isolator to the Stepper IC.