The cnc table starts with almost ¾” Russian plywood. It is like Baltic birch but tends to have more layers and less open spots. But it costs a bit less. This is for a 4x8 shopbot.
The rails are 3 layers of the ply to make about 2 ¼” thick and 10’ long and 8” high.
I used a lot of screws (I love good self drilling screws) and construction adhesive (it takes several days to cure it seems) so far I think I have used 4 or 5# of screws.
Check out the small saw I get to use to cut the sheets. It can only handle 10’ long sheets so it is a bit small.
The last pics are of the legs and some of the rails attached. I wanted to get all I could get done today so the glue will cure before I pained and flip it. I used e6000 a silicone adhesive because it sticks to anything and works well on endgrain. I can’t even move these legs they are rock solid and I have not put the last rails or the triangles or the sheets on top and bottom yet. Had the problems with mounting the rails I should have put the angle iron on the inside.