586,077 active members*
3,737 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Oh yes, that kind of repetitious drawings can be done very easily with my machine, a cad program and some personal creativity.

Well Electric sheep are just "Computer dreams" its what happens (if you load the program) when you computer goes to idle mode it creates random figures and then they give birth to more complex children and i was wondering if i could just walk away and let my computer paint them instead of making a bitmap of them. would be really sick.

andreas - do you have a website or somewhere to see your work?

somewhere ive got a Qbasic program i wrote based off of... i think it was called 'stepper.bas', and it loaded a dxf and did cnc type motion control.. i added a bunch of features that i needed, particularly the 'RIP folder' idea - which is just that the software watches a folder, and if a new file arrives. it draws it..
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

vacpress,
    what you describe is very interesting. Could I try your program?
    If you want to read the short history of my machine go to
    http://www.townzs.com/?t=post/697
    and from there follow the link to my web site (www.andreaspinelli.com). Sorry it is in Italian but you can still watch my paintings.

let me try and hunt it down! i really hope i can find it as i spent hours on it!

it has one bug - i will only load the DXF that came with the 'stepper.bas' that i started with, however, the DXF looked fine, and i think it was a matter of output settings in illustrator to get it to work, or a modification to the dxf parser in the QBASIC program, which was actually pretty simple to understand, i just ran out of money and time for the project that was meant for.

while i am looking for the file, you can find stepper.bas at luberth's website.. i canot recall the exact info, luberth.com? luberth.net? search for 'luberth', he is here somewhere and on the inernet.

and, Wow! your paintings are great. i really like them! i cant imagine the painting machine helped make those though. very nice. where do you live in italy? ive been several times and worked in bolzano for awhile.
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

i am glad you like my work even though that is all hand made. Thank you for your useful information on Luberth's website and in case you find anything for me let me know.By the way, i live in Florence.

Andreas

the link to your video

Do you want to see my painting machine? Here it is:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFJUYL6imL8&feature=channel"]YouTube- TRAMVIA DI FIRENZE[/ame]

Once you are there take a look at my previous devices (videos by spindleling).

Andreas2

Andreas2,

Great machine!

Thanks for posting the video.
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

wow very cool machine!!

Ive thought about trying to build something similar to that, I may have to do it now.

Jim

Page 2 of 2 12