586,525 active members*
3,368 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Fanuc O-M Control not receiving program

Fanuc O-M Control not receiving program

I recently purchased a used Kitamura My Center 1 milling machine. It has a Fanuc O-M control on it. When I try to transfer the program from the pc to the machine it doesn't show it was received. My friends in the industry say it could be the chip that is the problem. We have all the other transfer data and setting set correctly as far as we know like baud rate bits parity etc... any help would be appreciated.

Is there any messages on the screen?
    Does it transmit to the PC?
    There are alot of previous posts that cover this.
    Al.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I didn't get any messages on the Fanuc control screen. The PC shows a successfull transfer of data and nothing else. We are attempting to transmit to the CNC from the PC. How would I look up those previous posts?

Look in the Machine problems serial port etc forum.
    What program are you using to transfer?
    Al.

Albert E.

Master Cam 10

I tried to set the serial communications per the CNC tech service sheet you sent for the Series O CNC. When I attempted to set the PWE to = 1 the machine showed a p/s 100 alarm. I attempted to continue on with changing the seting on CNC parameter 0002 but the machine would not accept it I'm guessing because of the alarm. OUr manual doesn't show what the p/s 100 alrm is either.

The alarm is normal when the PWE bit is set, the machine is in e-stop because of it.
    Are you in MDI when attempting to change it? after changing the parameter set PWE back to 0 and power down then up again.
    Al.

Albert E.

here is a copy paste of a similar fault

Rate Member posted 04-02-2007 04:27 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lightning will do it alright. If it worked before but not now I would suspect a bad 1489 reciever chip in the Fanuc. If your PC and cable work on another machine, you can rule them out. You could replace the master board $$$. Or you could look on the lower portion of the master, pretty much centered from left to right and find the 1488 output and 1489 reciever buffers. ( they may have a 5 digit number but will end in 88 and 89) Back up your parameters and pc params as they will be lost when you remove the board. I usually leave the battery hooked to the board and replace at the machine when I do it, but Im too lazy to re enter the parameters. You will have to desolder the chip and solder in a new one which you can get at radio shack. I usually solder in a socket so future replacements are plug in. This will work 90% of the time. ( sometimes something is wrong further up.) Like I said earlier, Try to verify PC and cable on another machine if possible, but this is not too uncommon with electrical storms and a shop can have 30 CNC's hooked up and only one go out. Oh, and the 232 cable has to have been plugged in during the storm for this failure to occure, so if it was not .... never mind.

I would be willing to bet it is a parameter problem. Post your settings for mcx and you should be able to get a response like baud rate stop bits eia or iso parity line length data bits and port. It seems so easy but invariably you miss one setting and it won't work. the weird thing is if your sending from the machine to the pc there should be some kind of schmeg coming in.

P/S 100 Alarm

I looked through my files but couldnt locate the exact info but as I recall inside the right hand electrical cabinet there is a manual switch which allows you to bypass the alarm. After bypassing the alarm and setting your parameters you must reset the switch to operate. As I say this is just from memory so investigate first.

You must have the edit key turned to enable, for "input" of RS232 programs. The key came with the machine.