586,493 active members*
2,797 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Macro to read machine "power on"

Fanuc control.
    Looking for a macro to read the “power on” info from the operators panel.
    And a macro to read cut time and auto time from same operators panel.
    Yes..it can be done by timing an event and storing that time in a variable.
    I thought there might be an easier way. Such as reading parameter #6750 into a variable?
    I cant figure how to read parameters?
    Thanks.
    Faster is better...

070410-1204 EST USA

jakk100:

I can not help with the addresses in Fanuc.

In HAAS #3020 is the Power on timer (read only). See the HAAS on-line manual.

This can be used as follows:

DPRNT [ #3020[42] Power on time ] (I do not know what format to used because I am home and can not experiment to see how this time display is structutred.)

#1 = #3020

Now use some means to view #1.

If there is some variable that is displayed on the screen, like a counter, and if you can write to that variable, and do not care about its content, then you could copy #3020 (or whatever your address is) to that variable and view it on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by jakk100 View Post
    Fanuc control.
    I cant figure how to read parameters?
    Thanks.
    To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to read parameters into macro variables on a Fanuc control. Timing an event and storing it in a variable may be the easiest and most cost effective method.
    Paul Sevin - Ovation Engineering, Inc.
    http://www.ovationengineering.com

The only reason I can think of wanting to read a Parameter is if you have a program for several machines of the same model and the parameter may be different between them.
    Otherwise the parameter value never changes, so If it is for a dedicated machine, just record the value of the parameter and load in a variable.
    AFAIK The only other Variables you can read in a macro is the system variables these can be always changing, as the machine runs.
    What model Fanuc is this?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I once wrote a delayed start warm up program that read the internal clock on a 160I fanuc. It can be done with macro b programing. I still have the program I think. It was used on a high speed grapite machine (Okada). You could fire it from a M115 comand at the end of your program or the last command MDI at night when you left. The Okada had a 20 min warm up cycle it needed to run to warm up the spindle bearings. So I wrote an M code to watch the internal clock and a 6 am it would fire up and only run 3 full times and then shut off till the next day. The tool shop opened at 7:00 am. If the program would help you out I could send it to you.

Fanuc 18-M
    Parameter #6750 stores the same info as the power on in the operators panel. I also want parameter #6751, #6753, & #6757. All this info is displayed on the operators panel under settings. Yes, again, I could write a macro to time the events. But that is a lot of work, especially for #6753, accumulated cut time. I am trying to add a little snippet of code(MACRO) to existing machine part programs to output machine events to a PC.
    Thanks.
    Faster is better...

What about system var #3002? 'Period of the Cycle start light on' Could that be used?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    What about system var #3002? 'Period of the Cycle start light on' Could that be used?
    Al.
    "System variable 3002 functions as a timer that counts in 1–hour increments
    when the cycle start lamp is on. This timer preserves its value even when the power is turned off. When 9544.371767 hours is reached, the value of this timer returns 0"
    Paul Sevin - Ovation Engineering, Inc.
    http://www.ovationengineering.com

Yes. Thank you for the reply.
    Yes #3002 will get the accumulative operation time.
    What I need is the Power on time (on operator panel & parameter # 6750)
    And the cut time ( cut time is anytime machine is in a G1, G2, G3, G33. Also found on operator panel & parameter # 6753)
    Thus the need to read a parameter into a variable so I don’t have to add more macro than necessary for every part program.
    Thanks.
    Faster is better...

It's possible but would require a ladder change. You would have to tie an input to your MCR on, tie it to a counter function, move that counter to D-Data, and then write your D-Data back to your Macro variables. On the SW machines I used to install, we would write the D-data value from program memory to Macro variables 989/990, so if you had a 1 in 989 and 2 in 990, when the A table would come into the machining area, it would call program 1, and program 2 when the B table came into the machining area. We also used the counter function that I mentioned to track how long the machine sat ilde waiting on the robot to load. I have some examples at home and will try and get it on here so you can see it.