Hi, All

I have a 96 BMC 4020 SSM I'm at a lose. It will not start a cycle the button blinks green but no go. I have control power and I can manually move all axes. turn on the flood and wash down but will not start a calibration cycle. On start up i had a CMOS error battery so I replaced it and this error is fixed now. I also check the power supply and the 24V power supply there with in spec. I have replaced the all relays on the I/R board too. I pined out all the cable between the control pendent and the cabinet so far no broken wires. I check the buttons ( power and cycle start) i have continuity thru both and switch them and both are seem to be good. I remover the PC hard drive an slaved it to one of the office computers i scanned it for viruses and defrag it and it checked out ok. The hard drive is only 3 years old. I reinstalled and fried up the mill and still have the same problem. Right before it quit work completely I was running a cycle and had some light chatter or vibration in milling. It shut down the control power which is not the first by any means. it will generate a I/R fault error. this has happened a lot in the past. So I have had too reset the servos 10 to 15 before the control power would return. Of course in the middle of a machining cycle. Most of the time I have to shut the main power down and restart the machine.

Any ides I'm open

I have also had these error once or twice before

1.) Servo Fault - I/R Fault a lot

2.) Spindle speed fault sense - not at commanded speed ATC error on selecter operation spindle fault - Orient error one time a year ago

2.) Could not access dual port ram on Matrix 4-XYZS Servo board 2 or 3 time a year or so ago