586,108 active members*
3,139 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

PD21B Power Supply Schematic

I'm in dire need of a print for the pd21b p.s., and as everyone probably already knows, Mitsubishi is of no help in these matters of prints(electrical).I'm in the cnc repair and exchange business and this particular print i dont have.Can someone please help me?Thank you.

What your Problem with your PD21B? i have repaired some PD21B and everything OK.
    I am Mitsubishi Electric Engineer ( EDM SYSTEM )

What a coincidence. I too am looking for the schematic diagram for the mitsubishi plc pd21b power supply board. It went kaput and my machine did not want to startup altho the controller was all powered up. The local distributor replaced this card and all is working fine again. Im just looking also for a schematic so I can have the busted card fixed by a technician.

pd21b

well,if need be,i can repair it without the scematic just not as fast
    you could consider this,ill repair yours for $250.00,my website
    is cncparts.com , check it out!thanx for the reply.
    looking forward to hearing from you.903-577-0569

@oneweirdoforyou

Thank you for the reply. I will pm you

As of yet, all I get on repairs of these is, in the UK, "not economical". If anyone does have a circuit diagram, it would be much appreciated.
    GEM

Unhappy

Hallo,
    I need de value of D22 in a PD21B because its defekt and not market.(with an 1N4148 the Switchingtransistor TR12 becomes hot.
    Can anybody help me with the Value or an Schematic Diagramm?
    Thanks Willy

Smile

Hallo,
    The Powersuply works correct with a 10V 1,3W Z- Diode for D22 since 1 Month.
    Greets Willy

PD21B zener

Thanks for the zener tip, I have one ps in for repair.
    I have drawn out the 12v section(not much in it) and circuits around the on/off switch.
    I can send you a copy without values(I couldn't read any on some items) as this would be against copyright. The diagram is a repair tool. Not complete.
    How do I send you an image?
    Eric Allan
    [email protected]

I have a PD21 power supply down too.
    We replaced it with a new one purchased directly from Mitsubishi Italia, but the price was a ball of fire for my balance.

An electric scheme maybe help us to repair the old one to have a low cost backup unity.

Send me a PM, please.
    Thanks.

I'd love a copy of that diagram sketch that you drew up. I have a PD21 that's dead as well. Fuses fine. the MOV's are intact, but R56 has the case blown open. If I could get the diagram (crude or not) it would help a bunch before I start prodding around and replacing stuff.

For those who have fixed theirs, what parts have been used and what values - (I saw the D22 value above - much appreciated).

mike c

Anybody know if there is a way to retrofit a 500-series power supply into the 300-series chassis? Any reasons why it shouldn't be able to be made to work?

There are plenty of 500-series P/S's out there, and the world is running low on PD21Bs.

MC

Wink found a picture of board

I have found an image of board where we can see R56 = 27R / 2~5W
    We have from our generous friend D22 = 10V / 1.3W

I am going to try these values as I have one for repair too.
    I have found R56 damged, than I try a resistor 20W to don't burn in the 1st 30s, but TR12 heat's a lot, than found D22 open, didn't know the value!

It's good when people from around the world can share technical info.:cheers:

PORTUGAL * PORTUGAL * PORTUGAL * PORTUGAL * PORTUGAL * PORTUGAL

Repair of PD21 power supplies. Electronic repairs.

I've been repairing PD21's for about ten years now as part of my electronics repair business. I must have repaired about a hundred of them in that time.
    If you need a repair please feel free to contact me on 07973 505081 or [email protected]. I'm based in Gloucestershire UK, I charge £175.00 plus VAT plus carriage at whatever it costs and can normally turn one around in a day as I stock a good set of spare parts.

Dave Skaraas

Re: found a picture of board

Quote Originally Posted by lentrisca View Post
    It's good when people from around the world can share technical info.:cheers:
    I agree, I saved up "£175.00 plus VAT plus carriage at whatever it costs" thanks to D22 value.

Remember to change all the capacitors mounted on the primary and secondary of the standby switch, despite the old ones conditions.

Thanks you all.

Would anybody have the value of D25 please?