586,102 active members*
2,947 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: RFQ Logo

RFQ Logo

Hi,
    I'm looking to get a new logo (maybe a few) for one of my guitar cabs. A few logos are in bad shape and I'm going through my gear and wanting to renew things. Can anyone help. Here's a pic of the exact logo I'm wanting to make. I can provide all measurements.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WEMLOGO.jpg  

what are the dimensions?and how is it attached?do you want it just like the pic?same color too?
    steve

Steve,
    I can send you all the dimensions. It's attached by two pins that come off the back located where the "X's" are in this pic. It's a "dayglow" orange color. I'd like it just like the pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pin Location1.jpg  

How big is it and how many do you want? We'd like to take a look at it also.
    Doug Pryor
    David Wolfe Design, Inc.
    Akron, OH
    www.davidwolfedesign.com
    [email protected]

What do you want it made from?

it's aluminuim.

anyone else wanna qoute it?

This looks like a good candidate for a Urethane casting if you don't mind plastic. We can make a 3D CAD model of this part and use it to CNC the mold pattern of the logo for you. Then, we make a mold from the master mold pattern and we cast all the logo plates you want.

Material would be a black ABS like plastic. Orange would be artisan painted.

Advantages:

1) You own the 3D CAD model (STL format) for future use (including machining Aluminum logos)

3) CAD model can be scaled for different sized logos to be made using the same process.

2) If you are needing more than one, plastic cast logos are relatively inexpensive compared to machining.

If you would like us to quote this job, please contact me via PM or through the contact form on our website: www.touchstone3D.com

Thanks,
    Allen

Thats what I was thinking too. Since the CAD data will have to be generated anyway, a urethane cast or even SLA for only one or two would be the way to go.
    Doug Pryor
    David Wolfe Design, Inc.
    Akron, OH
    www.davidwolfedesign.com
    [email protected]

I was thinking 3D Scanning the original may be a good way to generate the CAD file if it is in decent shape and can be removed from the guitar cabs without damage.

I just invested in a 3D Laser Scanner and I am looking to try this process: Scan the part to an STL file, use a Z-Corp 3D Printer to make master, and then mold/ cast in Urethane.

I could do the machining or just provide the 3d model. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks
    Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wem.jpg  

The logos were orignally glued in and I'd rather not try to remove them as the logo can bend very easily. If the whole process was relatively cheap to mold a plastic logo then I might do that, but I'd rather but back the metal logo's on the cabs.

after looking at my one cab, it actually appears that the metal under the orange is brass, or at least brass colored (gold). Could this be possible?

ok I got brave and took a logo off one of the cabs. Heres what I found out. There's three little pins. I'm still not sure on the exact metal. But Oddly one of my other cabs that's missing a logo only has 2 holes for the pins.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails back2.jpg   back3.jpg   back1.jpg  

as i suspected,they look metal stamped,most likely brass,would be costly to machine out of solid and than hot coated,is there a way to get replacements from the manufacturer?

no, they stopped making the cabs in about early 1973. That's what I thought as well, metal stamped. Would this be a cheaper route?

no,it would not be cheaper due too they would have to build a die to stamp them,cnc machining is the only way to do it than,ill work up some pricing,ive just been swamped with production,plus trying to get ready for moving my shop
    steve

Quote Originally Posted by buckkillr8 View Post
    The logos were orignally glued in and I'd rather not try to remove them as the logo can bend very easily. If the whole process was relatively cheap to mold a plastic logo then I might do that, but I'd rather but back the metal logo's on the cabs.
    One (1) for $150.00 each
    Two (2) for $125.00 each
    Three (3) for $110.00 each
    Four (4) for $95.00 each
    Five (5) or more $80.00 each

Material: 6061 T6 aluminum
    Finish: Machine
    Tolerances: +/-0.005"

Delivery: 2 weeks ARO
    Shipping: FOB Post Falls, Idaho

Customer to provide written approval on electronic 3D CAD Data (SolidWorks or eDrawings format).

Customer to provide for color via anodize.

TERMS: C.O.D. or Credit Card prior to shipment.

Thank you.

Jeff Lange
    [email protected]
    Jeff Lange
    Lightning Tool & Manufacturing, Inc.