586,077 active members*
3,591 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

CNCdrive is Garbage

I'm sure this post will get deleted, but I hope I can save someone some cash by not selecting this product. Bought 3 DG4S-16035 drives for a mill with servo motors I was retro fitting. I spent many weeks trying to tune them. All I got was run-on noise and garbage movement. Tons of messages with the distributor and a number of emails with the company resulted in nothing.

Save your money. Save your time. Don't buy these. They are crap.

Oh, and if you think I did something wrong and you feel you can make them work properly, I am more than willing to sell them to you, at a reduced price!
    Need a Supermax YCM-40 Mill manual? Download the PDF here (replace _ with .):
    http://www.istonline.ca/download/supermax-ycm-40.pdf

Re: CNCdrive is Garbage

I'm using the same drives on my plasma machine for around 2 years. I have no problems whatsoever.

Well, if you want 3 more, they are yours for a good price! You have no idea how much time I spent working on these things bro. Months went by!

I finally threw them in the corner and moved to Larken drivers and I have absolutely no problems at all. This is NOT a plug for Larken, but if you are retrofitting a commercial product, DO NOT buy CNCdrive drivers. You will thank me later.

How much you want for them?

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    How much you want for them?
    Watch out for the Swedish duty fees and VAT (moms). It may be cheaper to buy directly from Hungary brand new than from Canada. Also they may be damaged by now... unless you know that the seller actually knows enough about how to handle and connect these things without damaging them.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Watch out for the Swedish duty fees and VAT (moms). It may be cheaper to buy directly from Hungary brand new than from Canada. Also they may be damaged by now... unless you know that the seller actually knows enough about how to handle and connect these things without damaging them.
    Good warnings all around. Considering I have an electronics background, these units are in no way damaged by me. Many weeks were spent tweaking the power supply driving them, wiring and rewiring the machine ensuring there were no grounding issues that might cause the run-on, tweaking the settings - all to no avail. I even sent videos showing the problem to the manufacturer - after doing that I heard nothing from them.

OlfCNC, save your money and time - don't buy them. Look at another brand. Frankly, I doubt I will sell them, considering I wouldn't want to put someone through the same headache I went through. It is possible they *might* work properly driving stepper motors rather than servos, but I wouldn't want to take the chance knowing what I know now.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    I thought the guy is so unsatisfied that he might sell it for cheap enough.
    I'm satisfied enough with these drives that I could use them on my next machine if I will decide building one in the future. I have some nice servos left in the shelf for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mrogowski View Post
    I'm sure this post will get deleted, but I hope I can save someone some cash by not selecting this product. Bought 3 DG4S-16035 drives for a mill with servo motors I was retro fitting. I spent many weeks trying to tune them. All I got was run-on noise and garbage movement. Tons of messages with the distributor and a number of emails with the company resulted in nothing.

Save your money. Save your time. Don't buy these. They are crap.

Oh, and if you think I did something wrong and you feel you can make them work properly, I am more than willing to sell them to you, at a reduced price!
    I will give it a try and if they work fine, you will get them back. Where are you from? I am located in Warsaw area. Feel free to contact me and I will try to help you - Sebastian

Wys?ane z mojego SM-G930F przy u?yciu Tapatalka

Oh, and I am not afraid of stating who the distributor was I dealt with - CNC4PC. They provided as much support as they could, in my opinion. They even contacted the manufacturer on my behalf, which I appreciate.