I took a gamble and bought a P1 that appears to have suffered a Saftronics VFD failure that resulted in melting one of the Glentek GA370-3 boards via the braking resistor. This seems like a common problem. With the machine I got a complete extra cabinet of controls from a scrapped machine but I'm not sure what I can use.

The P1 machine has a -C control, the extra cabinet is a -B, has servo dynamics SDFP1525-17-180 servo drives, and a giant black box for the spindle VFD (I also have the spindle motor off the scrapped machine).

I have the computer out of the P1 to get it bench test it, good news is it seems to have been updated sometime. It has a 1080mb spinning disk and no simdisk, the mother board has a coin battery so it's not the 386 or 486. It also has the encoder of the spindle so I hope I can get rigid tapping to work. Here is the whole box, it took some damage to the Z board and all the wiring from the caps to the boards.

Attachment 392078

Here is the extra cabinet.

Attachment 392082

So, it there much I can use from the extra parts or am I better off trying to fine a Glentek board and a newer VFD?
Does anyone know where I can get the connectors to the Glentek boards so I can remake the wiring harness?

My plan is to get the computer running, fix the wiring and see if I can get it to run with the Z axis and the VFD unhooked to validate the other two servo drives survived. I have a P0 knee mill with the same servo drives that I can pull borrow from for testing if I need all 3 boards hooked up to test.

Any help here is appreciated, I can't wait to have a machine running with a tool changer!