586,104 active members*
3,398 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Beware

Beware

If Bobcat has relentless salesmen as decribed on this forum, then you know they have salesmen posing as users on this forum.....and I think its fairly obvious to see who they are. I would not believe what you read from those who seem to have nothing but time to defend BCC.

Who knows, maybe V2007 is good, but I dont see see more than maybe two users claiming it to be so.

Quote Originally Posted by split63 View Post
    If Bobcat has relentless salesmen as decribed on this forum, then you know they have salesmen posing as users on this forum.....and I think its fairly obvious to see who they are. I would not believe what you read from those who seem to have nothing but time to defend BCC.

Who knows, maybe V2007 is good, but I dont see see more than maybe two users claiming it to be so.
    Really, like who I'm curious??? This should be very interesting, LOL.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Toby I have no informed opinion of Bobcad either way.

I did download a demo and could not make any sense of it.

If I had bothered to hunt down and learn what I could about it, that may well have been a different story.

However even months later I am still getting emails from the sales team.

So glad I did not give my phone number.

I can't help feeling that at least some of the anti Bobcad sentiment that is displayed on this forum

(it's there whether you agree with it or not) is a influenced by the sales practices used.

I won't even mention their absurd pricing policy.

Greg

PS. This is in no way having a go at yourself or any other happy Bobcad users.

As funny as it may seem BCC only bothered me for V20 for about 6 months. LOL every version after that I have had to call them. I find it a bit strainge that they waited for me to order V2007.

I like many disagree with the "Lets Make a Deal" Sales Ploy but how can one complain when your not even paying Full Price. Believe me, with as many shops I have personally worked in, done work for, and visited, everyone complaines about having to pay Extortion prices for software.

I guess complaining and pointing fingers without facts is the new trend of the new milenium. Have fun with it while you can because we are only on this rock once, LOL.:rainfro:

"Oh well, to each his/her own"

As far as I'm concerned this Thread will serve as a good laugh for all BCC users.

Have a nice weekend........what is left of it.

Cheers!!!!!:cheers:
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Not sure who is a salesman and who is tech support and who is just plain crazy! I just use what has been given to me to work with. I can make it do almost everything needed and I did complain a bit on V20 when they changed the post paths in 3D (screwed it up big time).

I am now using 2007 and happy we have it to work with. It does not have all the functions everyone will need though. Almost like starting over in the CAM area but I am able to control many features without having to be controlled by a company that will not even return my phone call. We are a small shop and only use one seat of software currently to do milling CAM. We have Mazatrols for most 2D work so I have little comments on that part of the software.

The 3D part though has made huge steps in the paths that will save us many hours of machining time. I believe that, once learned, the program is easier than previous versions and is faster all around. I am not in a Bobcad forum to sale to Bobcad users and I rarely post in other CAD/CAM forums. But this is a user forum where we do give opinions and offer advice. I even post some of this new stuff here due to having so many emails and phone calls of users asking me questions. Easier to post once here than say it a hundred other times.

It appears to me though that there are people from other companies that post in the BobCAD forum trying to get the current users to convert to their software. I have no qualms about using other software and if I were provided that software I would make the most of it. I just get amused and sometimes annoyed when someone that obviously uses only other software tries to cut someone else's choice.

I wonder how many of the competitor's salesmen are here trying to sale their software in the wrong forum?

Just wondering where the LOL smiley is?

I am a BobCAD employee as well as a little crazy (not associated with the job). I am not a sales representative, so everyone can put away the canons (flame2) , but I can provide an answer to most any question posed in regards to BobCAD and it's utilization.

Have I posted in other CAD/CAM forums? Yes, I too have questions about other systems. In fact I like to see what everyone has to offer and if they have a demo available online I am going to download it to see what it has to offer.

However, I am not here to convert only to inform.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by split63 View Post

Dont Bobcat make earthmover's? I have one major complaint regarding Bobcad........... It isn't free :lol: Everyone will be using BCC v 2100 by the time I figure it out But then that's just me admitting the inevitable..(we don't "all" get it )
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
    Dont Bobcat make earthmover's? I have one major complaint regarding Bobcad........... It isn't free :lol: Everyone will be using BCC v 2100 by the time I figure it out But then that's just me admitting the inevitable..(we don't "all" get it )
    Kipper,

You have come a long way since you started using BCC. Be patient and keep plugging away at it. When you understand what you really want to do when making something everything falls into place.

BCC Tech Support helps many people on the Forums. I can see the jealousy that others feel because they get left out in the cold when they have questions. Anyone here ever visit the MC Sub-Forum and see the endless requests for Post Processors?? I visit it everyday to try to learn it for a friend. I have called the reseller with questions only to be given more of a headache than I started with. Don't get me wrong, I like MC, but feel that it doesn't have the support that BCC gives day in and day out. After all, your speaking to s Sales Rep, not an Engineer or Machinist. BCC gives better support than anyone else I have ever delt with.

Cheers!!!!!!!:cheers:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Almost Normal.jpg  
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

ive tryed the bobcad demo's and they seem pretty solid for the price that i've seen guys haggle for ,why complain about a floating price range if you know it exists , all the more ammo on your side to chisle them down , i don t care if the next guy pays a bloated price , he obviously hasn t done his homework ,

bobcad has some nice features , its not mastercam or gibbscam quality but its not near the price either , there isn t a demo software i haven t tryed or won t try , but i would never be so foolish as to leave my proper name ,adress or phone number , that would only be inviting more idiots bothing me in my free time ,
    i don t care to promote someones product unless they want to line my pocket , which will never happen , but anyone takes on a demo and give their personal information over the internet desearves the trouble they get out of it ,
    use a bogus name and email address ,

curt

Beware!!!!!!!!

BCC V2007 was Delivered Today LOL. It looks NICE!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bcc v2007.jpg  
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

I downloaded bobcad2007...and received the expected sales call. They offered me a sales price of $2400, interestingly they also offered v21 for $300. Toby, did you get a better price for bobcad2007? $300 is a good price for v21, but I don't see the point in buying old and soon to be obsolete software.

Quote Originally Posted by jimluu View Post
    I downloaded bobcad2007...and received the expected sales call. They offered me a sales price of $2400, interestingly they also offered v21 for $300. Toby, did you get a better price for bobcad2007? $300 is a good price for v21, but I don't see the point in buying old and soon to be obsolete software.
    To be totally honest I can't say what I paid. I am a repeat customer since V19, V20, and V21. The days of Haggling might be over because they spent a ton of money developing this version. It is a total rewrite from the ground up and the added features are far better than any other before this one.

You will want the new one and not V21. The U/I is a little different and posting programs from what I hear is very different.

They might come down a little but not much. In all fairness they worked very hard on this one.

Personally, I with everyone could have V2007.

Cheers!!!!!
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com