587,006 active members*
3,040 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Mach3 Windows 10 64bit 1803 Provisional Patch

If you read to the end of that article, you'll see this:

Unfortunately, there’s no legitimate way for the average Windows user to get it.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Re: Mach3 Windows 10 64bit 1803 Provisional Patch

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    If you read to the end of that article, you'll see this:
    Hi Ger,

I get what you're saying, and I guess I could have/should have offered more info, and sadly I didn't read the whole article otherwise I would have found a "better" one to link to, my bad.
    The statement made in the article that LTSB is out of the reach of Joe Average is misleading.

***** Warning, boring techy crap follows*****

LTSB is easily obtainable via Volume Licensing, now VL seems like a messy complicated beast but it's not really. (for those of us who play in this arena)..... :drowning:

In order to get a VL agreement you need an initial purchase of 5 licenses, most people freak out right here "I'm not buying 5 copies of Win 10"!! (chair)
    That's not the intent, 5 licenses of ANYTHING, there are some licenses for obscure products that are less than $10 each, so for an additional cost of $50 over the cost of Windows you get access to Volume Licensing, and that gives access to LTSB.
    IMHO, that extra $50 would be well worth it for the stability that goes along with LTSB.

Another option is this, along with certain levels of Volume Licensing Agreement that your employer might have (Do you use Office 365 at work, you might be half way there already) you might well already have the rights to access the VL benefits, and can possibly already use LTSB. There are various "add-on's" that come standard with VL agreements including free home use licenses. This is something to take up with your IT guys at work, but often it's "what you don't know you don't know" that slows you down or holds you back, if you know it's available, and you ask, you just might get. :banana:

If you are still reading, well done, hope I've been making some degree of sense. If you want more info feel free to hit me up, it's not as complicated as it seems on the surface, you do not need to be a big corporate entity to access Volume Licensed product but there are a couple of tips and tricks that can simplify the process, I'm happy to assist.
    There are 10 types of people in the world
    Those of us who get binary, and those who don't.