586,111 active members*
3,498 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 0 MC, 001 TH Alarm, while DNC

Fanuc 0 MC, 001 TH Alarm, while DNC

Dear all,
    Can anybody tell me how to solve alarm 001 (TH alarm) while my Fanuc 0 MC is drip feeding from PC? Manual says something related to unknown character on the tape, but i'm sure nothing's strange in the program..
    Thanks..

Fanucs use the ISO 840 character set, and any non-ISO character can cause a TH alarm. ISO 840 is basically a "subset" of ASCII Even parity code. ASCII contains all the letters of the alphabet (upper and lower case), plus the numbers and the punctuation marks that you see on your computer keyboard. ISO, on the other hand, only has UPPER CASE letters, numbers, and a few selected punctuation marks. Most DNC systems are set up to send ASCII Even parity, so any non-ISO character in your program can cause the Fanuc to give the TH alarm. Characters like these:

Any lower case letter.
    These punctuation marks: !@,$^&_{}|\;"<>? and '

Notice that some punctuation marks are OK, like the forward slash (block delete), the asterisk (multiplication in a macro), and the decimal point are allowed. Others, like the double-quotation marks are not allowed, so any comment in the program like one of these will cause a TH alarm:

N001 (TOOL 2 - 1/2" DRILL) - the double quote mark is illegal

N001 (tool 2 = 1/2 inch drill) - the lower case letters are illegal

N001 G90 G00 X1,2345 - the comma character is illegal

If your program is all ISO 840 compatible, then you may have another communication problem, like a mis-match of the "stop-bits" setting. There is a parameter in all Fanuc controls for baudrate and "stop-bits". If the baudrate doesn't match the DNC system, then you won't have ANY communications at all. If the stop-bits setting doesn't match the DNC system, you might get occasional TH alarms even if the program is otherwise OK. If the stop-bits setting is mismatched, then you'll get TH alarms kind of randomly at different points in the program each time.

Thank you Dan..
    I'll recheck everything according to your complete explaination. May be I missed something.

001 th parity alarm com in my dnc

can any body help me to resolve TH PARITY ALARM on SNK RB-2NM (fanuc controls)? we're having a hard time in DNC machining in remote condition because of this alarm.
    also we encounter COMMUNICATION ERROR during DNC machining also.

PLEASE PLEASE. help us on this problem. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mhykel View Post
    can any body help me to resolve TH PARITY ALARM on SNK RB-2NM (fanuc controls)? we're having a hard time in DNC machining in remote condition because of this alarm.
    also we encounter COMMUNICATION ERROR during DNC machining also.

PLEASE PLEASE. help us on this problem. thanks.
    Did you read Dan Fritz's earlier post?

Smile PARITY

yes, I did sir. and I already applied his ideas. I change the parameters of pc and machine, right now we're on the process of trial and I'm glad that somehow it works. We're about to do an actual dnc machining by next week, we hope that it works continuously. thanks.