586,471 active members*
3,729 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: New Build

New Build

I am in the process of ordering everything for my build. Im down to the electronics. I am wanting the Plug and Play NEMA 23 CNC Control System from CNCrouterparts.com but Im wanting to cut cost by buying the individual parts and assembling it myself. I am going to purchase the
    4-Drive DIY NEMA 23 Electronics Kit, but it doesnt have everything that the plug and play control system has. Can someone please tell me what else I need to purchase to replicate the plug and play control system?

thanks,

Re: New Build

They have a part breakdown on the page for the CRP800, you could try and replicate it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, I started there but I ran into 2 walls:
    CRP550 "bridge" board
    CRP560 panel-mounted IO breakout board

can you link an online store to purchase these 2 items? I cant find it on their website

I was in the same situation with wanting to cut costs and looked at building out my own electronics package. SceroGuitars is correct, you can get the parts break down and/or talk to the folks at CNC Router Parts.
    In the end I ended up buying the ready to run package from them and couldn't be happier. It just flat works. No questions, not trouble, just went together, installed their files for Mach3, and it worked perfectly. The amount of
    trouble and time I saved, at least to me, was worth it in the end. I had a small problem with my box and they immediately took care of it.

I can understand wanting to reduce initial cost. I'm a retired electrical engineer. After looking at sourcing all of the parts, making the build and then configuring it to work, I decided to buy the plug n play package. Worked right out of the box with only one small glitch which Ahren quickly corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsjoe View Post
    Yea, I started there but I ran into 2 walls:
    CRP550 "bridge" board
    CRP560 panel-mounted IO breakout board

can you link an online store to purchase these 2 items? I cant find it on their website
    Nope. Those are proprietary for the CNCRP PnP Controller.

Quote Originally Posted by ifeliciano View Post
    Nope. Those are proprietary for the CNCRP PnP Controller.
    Yah, after looking on their site, I thought the same. I considered piecing together cause I couldn’t afford the PnP. . . But I decided to just sell everything worldly and get the PnP. Couldn’t be happier I did!

Quote Originally Posted by SceroGuitars View Post
    Yah, after looking on their site, I thought the same. I considered piecing together cause I couldn’t afford the PnP. . . But I decided to just sell everything worldly and get the PnP. Couldn’t be happier I did!

You won't be sorry, it works great!!

I will have the PNP system for sale in a couple weeks. It also has the PnP spindle setup.
    Only trouble is that you have to buy my machine too. It is already built and well tested.
    Lee

PM sent!