586,217 active members*
3,116 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

A2100 control touch screen problems!

Have just purchased a 1998 Cincinatti Milacron Dart 750 machining centre with an A2100 control. Machine in very good condition for it's age especially the control panel which looks like new i.e. keys not worn or dirty. Machine started up for the first time and it seems the reason for this is that the touch screen and control panel have been disabled (probably to stop untrained operators changing programs) and that all the programming on this machine has been done through a network.

First two questions; Can the screen and panel be disabled in this way and how do I change this. Machine works fine with keyboard and mouse plugged into the back, but this is not very practical.

Next problem I have, the machine came with no programming or operating manuals (the risk you take buying a machine at auction) does anyone know where I can obtain these.

If anyone would like to contact me I can forward any additional information if needed.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

check if the touch screen is pluged by removing the back cover in the op. panel also you will find a pcb that conects to that touch screen if it is conected check at initial diagnostic screen probably it is not "passing"
    wich would mean you have to replace the whole assembly they do not sell you the touch screen only 2 years ago i did replaced a touch screen in one of our machines it cost around 3,000 us dlls with Siemens usa
    also they have the manuals that you need!
    Do you know the basics of the machine?