586,103 active members*
3,372 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 4 of 4 234
    Quote Originally Posted by ImanCarrot View Post
    Thinking about that company that will change your ashes into a diamond... when we die we could get that done then have the diamond broken down into chips and put into a sintered grinding wheel.

That way we could carry on machining even after we're dead
    Can I be dimond coated onto an edge tool like a wood working gouge or a knife. It's one way of getting people to say "wow, he is really pretty sharp"
    If you cut it to small you can always nail another piece on the end, but if you cut it to big... then what the hell you gonna do?

Steven

Thinking about that company that will change your ashes into a diamond... when we die we could get that done then have the diamond broken down into chips and put into a sintered grinding wheel.

That way we could carry on machining even after we're dead
    A really, really, really tiny grinding wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by sdantonio View Post
    Can I be dimond coated onto an edge tool like a wood working gouge or a knife. It's one way of getting people to say "wow, he is really pretty sharp"
    First you should see how diamond tools work on wood. You may be more likely to be described as incredibly dull. Although if you change the substrate on which the tool works it may be one time when you got somewhere banging your head (and the rest of you) against a concrete wall.

(or you can google "Diamonds from dead people")

http://www.lifegem.com/

Dear ImanCarrot,

What a fantastic website. It makes the prospect of being loaded into the fuel tank of my neighbour's Hummer, together with a shoal of pilchards, look positively tasteful.

Best wishes

Martin

The current trend reminds me of a friend whose father wished to be buried at sea. This is difficult to arrange these days what with all the greenies going on about polluting the marine environment. However, he settled on a solution, had his father cremated, rented a boat and then out in Georgia Straights tossed overboard the little plastic container that came from the crematorium. He did have the forethought to punch holes in the plastic but when he got to the part about bashing the container with a boathook to try and make it sink I stopped listening: I was laughing too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    The current trend reminds me of a friend whose father wished to be buried at sea. This is difficult to arrange these days what with all the greenies going on about polluting the marine environment. However, he settled on a solution, had his father cremated, rented a boat and then out in Georgia Straights tossed overboard the little plastic container that came from the crematorium. He did have the forethought to punch holes in the plastic but when he got to the part about bashing the container with a boathook to try and make it sink I stopped listening: I was laughing too hard.
    Interesting enough, if your friends father was x-navy, then burrial at sea is a service they offer free to all navy vetrans (with full military honors). It is also offered as a free service to all members of a particular scuba diving school in St Croix (which is where my girlfriend got her certification).

OK, maybe a diamond coated edge tool is the wrong choice. I could be cut and mounted into a ring and just settle for being "bright". While the girlfriend is ultimately going to be fishfood.

Although if she is wearing me at the time then I will be neither sharp or bright lying at the bottom of the cold dark sea.
    If you cut it to small you can always nail another piece on the end, but if you cut it to big... then what the hell you gonna do?

Steven

My dad is a hot-rodder from Way way back...I mean WAYYYY back. He likes to go to Bob's on Friday nights 'cause they let all the rodders display their cars....even Jay Leno shows up on occasion with one from his fleet.

I cracked him up when I suggested that when he died I was going to spread his ashes over Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake on one of those Friday nights....I just couldn't think of anything more appropriate.

Me? You can bury me at the base of a tree that is going to become TP for 1SheetSheryl. (please though, help me avoid Rosie..)

..... I could be cut and mounted into a ring and just settle for being "bright"....
    Sorry to tell you, the ones I have seen pictures of at least, are a dull cloudy grey like synthetic industrial diamond used on diamond saws. Which of course is what they are.

Dear Geof,

If only your friend had heard of www.seaburial.com.

Here is one of their services.......

Sea Floor Burial

* The created remains will be taken in an urn to the sea bed floor by a diver and buried.
    * A remembrance of soil of the sea bed floor from the area of the burial will be given to the next of kin.
    * A photo will be taken of the urn on the sea bed floor.
    * Certificate of Sea burial will be issued to the next of kin.

A photo of the urn on the sea bed floor is a nice touch, don't you think?

Best wishes

Martin

Sorry to tell you, the ones I have seen pictures of at least, are a dull cloudy grey like synthetic industrial diamond used on diamond saws. Which of course is what they are.
    No way am I going to win at this I see. OK, give me away to the sausage factory. Good thing your a vegetarian, huh?

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by fizzissist View Post
    My dad is a hot-rodder from Way way back...I mean WAYYYY back. He likes to go to Bob's on Friday nights 'cause they let all the rodders display their cars....even Jay Leno shows up on occasion with one from his fleet.

I cracked him up when I suggested that when he died I was going to spread his ashes over Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake on one of those Friday nights....I just couldn't think of anything more appropriate.

Me? You can bury me at the base of a tree that is going to become TP for 1SheetSheryl. (please though, help me avoid Rosie..)
    You from NYC (Long Island)? My girlfriend's Uncle Mike shows up to those things too. Billy Joel and Leno show up regularly.

Ever though of CNCing him a custom urn in the shape of his favorite hot rod?

Steven

No way am I going to win at this I see. OK, give me away to the sausage factory. Good thing your a vegetarian, huh?
    Actually I do own a diesel powered vehicle; hint, hint, nudge, nudge. Never one to turn down the offer of a free tank full of fuel. Whoops not quite full, maybe about 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by martinw View Post
    Dear Geof,

If only your friend had heard of www.seaburial.com.

Here is one of their services.......

Sea Floor Burial

* The created remains will be taken in an urn to the sea bed floor by a diver and buried.
    * A remembrance of soil of the sea bed floor from the area of the burial will be given to the next of kin.
    * A photo will be taken of the urn on the sea bed floor.
    * Certificate of Sea burial will be issued to the next of kin.

A photo of the urn on the sea bed floor is a nice touch, don't you think?

Best wishes

Martin
    There is something inefficient or inconsistent here:

The remains are buried on the seabed. Presumably at this point an excavation is performed.

The diver now surfaces to give some of the excavated seafloor to the next of kin.

Now the diver goes back down and must disinter the remains in order to take a photograph of them on the sea floor.

Then a false certificate is prepared for the next of kin. Obviously false, there is no mention of reburial so the remains must have been left exposed on the sea floor after the photograph.

I am glad these people are not in control of sequencing operations in my company.

You from NYC (Long Island)? My girlfriend's Uncle Mike shows up to those things too. Billy Joel and Leno show up regularly.

Ever though of CNCing him a custom urn in the shape of his favorite hot rod?
    This is west-coast--Leno's collection is in Burbank....right next door to Toluca Lake, where the Bob's is located. It's known as Shoney's in the south, forgot the other name it goes under in other parts of the country.

I did take his car-styled logo that he came up with in 1934, stick into MasterCrash, turn it into Nurbs, and engrave it into a key chain that I gold plated for him.

At 86, he's driving a 365hp crate-motored '66 El Camino. Don't think I'll have to worry about an urn...I think he might already be self-contained.... And that's just the way he likes it!

Keith Richards was recently asked by a popular music publication what was the weirdest thing he had ever snorted... apparently he snorted his dad's ashes with some blow, whatever blow is *coughs*

Now that's weird.

Here's the link if you dun beleive me

http://www.nme.com/news/the-rolling-stones/27515

[Edit]Dun try this at home folks.[/Edit]

ps: as you can probably tell, my machine is totaly setup and only requires a pressing of the big green button every 10 mins, so I'm bored... so I searched some more for what to do with dead people since my oil press has not attracted any governmental grants as yet.

My favourite is the one that says you freeze the body to about minus 18 deg C then imerse it in liquid nitrogen- it (obviously) becomes very brittle and can be smashed into little bits with vibration. The little bits are then passed through a mesh to remove any spare surgical parts and stuck in a vacuum chamber to remove water and sterilised at the same time, they are then buried in a shallow grave with a tree on top...

Their justification of this? it stops emmisions by cremation... now consider how much emissions were used to generate the power to cool the body to -18 deg C, to produce the liquid nitrogen, to vibrate and seperate the remains, to generate the vacuum and extract the water etc etc lmao they are nutters.

Here's the link that one above is about half way down).

http://www.wunderkabinett.co.uk/damn...oure-dead.html

Other ideas they have is to put the ashes in a snow spehre thingy so you can shake it every now and again, make wine glasses and/ or glazing with ashes, mix the ashes with concrete and create artificial coral reefs, stick them in shotgun shells or fireworks lol it really is quite amusing
    I love deadlines- I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

Page 4 of 4 234