586,457 active members*
3,436 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Storm 600 controller compatability

I'm continuing my research pending purchase of a 60W laser. I'm looking at the Storm 600 from Weirke and read somewhere that the RUIDA controller ST-908 that it currently ships with is an out of date model and won't for example work with the latest issue of RDWorks. Can anyone comment on that? I'm not getting much communication from Weirke themselves.

If that controller is not good, can anyone suggest an alternative model?

Feel free to comment on the Storm 600 too if you wish or even Weirke as a whole. I'm at a stage when any information would be useful.

Thanks.

Update; Looking at the Ruida product range it would appear that there is another controller, the RDLC320-A. This is a current model and available from Ebay among others I'm sure. I don't know about the comparative cost of this against the one that Weirke fit but I'm wondering why they don't use it. Unless of course it's because they have lots of the old controllers to use up. Again, any comments are welcome.

Re: Storm 600 controller compatability

As fair I know RDLC320 is NOT working with new versions of RD Works (but I'm not using one from them, so no following all info).
    Polish @ Éire

Hi Abyss. The info on the Ruida site refers to the RDLC320 controller on the page for RDWorks. I'm guessing that mean sit's ok. But then it's all Chinese to me!

http://en.rd-acs.com/prod_view.aspx?...FId=t3:50105:3

Re: Storm 600 controller compatability

My RDLC 320 will only work with laserworks 6 and below