587,040 active members*
2,962 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 10m Rigid Tapping Issue

Hello,

I have a Kitamura My-Center 1 with a Fanuc 10ma control and i am having issues getting it to rigid tap. It doesn't look like G84 is putting the machine into rigid tap mode. Its like it wont put it into Feed Per Revolutions, but when I enter in what the feed should be in Feed Per Minute and use a floating tap holder it still feeds too slow and stretches the tap holder way out.

For example using a 1/4-20 tap at 100rpm I think that I should have a FPM of 5.0, but this feeds too slowly.

I have seen posts where people are using M29 SXXX, but when I try adding that to my program the machine will sit above the hole with the cycle start light on and do nothing. I have tried it both before and on the G84 line.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions to help get this working correctly it would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

Re: Fanuc 10m Rigid Tapping Issue

Use G95 for feed per revolution, else you need to calculate Speed*Feed per revolution=feed per minute.
    Rigid tapping M code might be something else for your machine, so you need to check your manual, if you have the option.

Re: Fanuc 10m Rigid Tapping Issue

Hi Simon .
    Did you succeed to do rigid tapping on your Fanuc 10 M . I have the same problem .