Hello,
I recently purchased a fiber laser desktop system and the laser source does not seem to be working.
Maxphotonics P/N MFP-20-C2NN4

The unit I purchased has EZ CAD and a BJJCZ Control Card

The laser will fire, but is so weak it can't produce a mark on any material. If the dot is left in one place on a piece of wood, it will start to smoke, but there is no where near the power that there should be.

The seller I purchased from is no help and seems to be just an importer with no understanding of how the machines work, and they will not take it back, so I am left to figure out things on my own.

The software is NOT in demo mode. I can save files and the laser is getting a signal to fire from the control board.
All onboard power supplies are outputting the proper voltage and the wire connections are proper and secure.
I believe either the software is not set up correctly, or the Laser Source is bad.

I have not found very many posts about setting up the software, but from what I have seen, I "think" the software is set up properly. The red dot will show the setup outline, the galvo mirrors work, the control card has a green LED power light, when the card sends a firing signal an additional red LED light on the card comes on.....but no appreciable power at the business end.

Is there a way to troubleshoot the laser source itself? I do not want to take it apart because it has warranty stickers on it.
I have contacted Maxphotonics about warranty service but so far have had no response.

I do own 2 Co2 laser systems, and multiple CNC routers, so I'm not a total newbie at this kind of thing.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you,
Gary