Hello all,

I currently have been using planet-cnc controllers and software, and I really like it. Have had zero issues, but unfortunately I can't get my Proma 150 THC to work with it. It shows the inputs being triggered in the software, but I have no movement of my z axis. I have contacted them numerous times, and they have been very helpful, but my problem has not been solved. They are always quick at answering and giving solutions- unfortunately none of them have worked. I'm not bashing them at all, great guys. This brings me to my main point.

I have decided for my plasma cutting needs I NEED a working THC. Every CAM software has an output for Mach3, and few have outputs for planetcnc. I believe the planet software is far ahead of mach3, but the utilitarianess of mach3 wins in terms of plugins and support. I have built several CNC machines and 3d printers, and am pretty familiar with all the software necessary for getting to the "part making". I'm lacking on knowledge of how to move back in time to work with mach3 without a parallel port. I see several products, but most require other breakout boards, or motion controllers (I think????). If anyone could point me in the direction of how to get started with mach3, from a plasma based set up I would be very grateful.

My requirements are:
Needs to work with windows 10
Needs to be USB driven (or ethernet I guess, don't know anything about that either)
Needs to work with Proma THC 150

I can swap out computer parts if necessary, I just need a general run down of what I need. The USB controllers I use are pretty much a plug and play all-in-one set up. I don't like the fact that mach3 was old when I started out with CNC machines (10 years ago), but it's still around so it must work. Mach4 doesn't seem to be gaining much ground. I just want something that works. I appreciate any insight to what others have done to make a good plasma set up. Thanks all in advance.