This machine is a hobby project and I basically took a year off from playing with it to build a new shop. Shop is done and machine is in it's new nice heated and air conditioned home so I decided to get back on this thing. I had finally figured out the correct hall sensor wiring and got the Advance Motion Controls BE25A20amps set up right. Have both the Z and teh Y axis running smoothly. With help from Sporty Bob yesterday, I wrote a couple little programs to run the Z and Y axis back and forth at 100 ipm (one at a time) to set the gain on the amps. Bob told me to shoot for a following error of .032 on the machine. At his direction, I set the gain in the axis parameter to 0 (it was at 100) and re-homed the machine. Running the y axis first, I adjusted the Loop gain and ref in gain on the amp to get the lowest stable following error on the Y axis - this was about .032. Moving to the Z axis, I was able to get it to about .025. Here are a couple pics of the amps. Wiring them in was't too difficult but took time to get teh hall and winding sequence correct. So far I am leaving the X axis amp in place - until it decides to give problems.