From what I have seen that is correct. We use standards for each program we run in terms of how deep we cut with particular ends so that we run the spindle loads at specific percentages based on the RPMs we want. So in general each bit has its own set of standard operating numbers it should see. The tool load monitoring lets us put in percentages of load for every axis and the spindle, but the section where we can enter RPM's is where I am drawing a blank. It only has one number, so unless it defaults to something like "up to the entered number but more then the previous" i don't see how it would handle my idea. Even translation errors has its limits in terms of loss of data so its more likely something far simpler and just didn't get mentioned in the manual we have. Unfortunately compared to images online of various other fanuc systems, and other tool load monitoring setups this system seems rather different then the norm. I am not sure if it has to do with software versions, or that maybe its not standard. I am told the machine is about 2 years old so I can't imagine its just a matter of being too old or too new to find relevant data. I am assuming I am just new to machining and don't know what to look for here.