Has ANYONE experienced this issue before?

I have a $10,000 job waiting on this IS6000. Today, when I went to start running the job, the engraver boots up fine and says "Ready to Receive" like normal.

However, as is typical, it wants to home to the origin before running any jobs. That's where the issue starts. It says "returning to origin" and then half way through the homing, it stops and locks up tighter than a bulls butt in fly time. I can't use any arrows to move the gantry or spindle. . . nothing. . . totally locked up.

I have rebooted the computer in hopes it would reinitialize something. . . no joy.
I shut down the controller and manually moved the spindle to the right an then booted up the controller. . . It said Ready to Receive and as soon as I hit the start button on the pendant, it said Back to Origin and got to the end of travel and locked up with the Back to Origin message on the readout.

I have looked for something that might be interfering with the travel and there is nothing.
I opened up both of the DB37 cable connectors to look for broken wires and nothing.

It worked great on Saturday and Sunday. I had the controller rebuilt by Gravograph for $675 about six years ago and it's been flawless up until today. (software sucks though, but always has.)
Gravograph typically doesn't want to help unless you have a maintenance contract, or are willing to pack up and ship everything back to Georgia.

I can't determine if I am having a controller issue or an engraver hardware issue. . . can't even tell if it's a limit switch issue because the machine documentation tells you ZERO about the components.
I put a cutter in and dropped it to the table to see where it was going for the Origin, and it's over traveled by .5 to .75 inch in the X direction. . . but then again, it never finishes the Homing function, so it's difficult to tell where it would have finally stopped.

Gravograph had an active LIVE HELP link that I clicked and got this message: "One of our representatives will be with you shortly. You are number 2 in the queue. Your wait time will be approximately 14 minute(s). Thank you for your patience." That was 50 minutes ago. . . no surprise there. I have threatened to torpedo their controller and software for years. . . because of poor support and outrageous prices for their proprietary crap. A replacement DB37 cable (which by the way only uses a 24 connector cable and leaves 13 pins empty. . . surprise!) costs $242.00 plus shipping!!! How they get and keep clients is beyond me.

The only remaining thing to do (other than calling Gravograph tomorrow) is to reinstall the software and dongle again. . . royal PITA to put it mildly!