586,104 active members*
3,298 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Smart Cool

Smart Cool

Looking for feedback from anyone using the Tormach SmartCool system. Looking to add it to the 1100M that has the ATC. I know they changed the coolant ring but have not had a chance to see it yet. The twins are delivered and on a loading dock for me to pick up in the morning.
    The Body Armor Dude - Andrew

Re: Smart Cool

Smart Cool, absolutely! YES!! I bought mine with my 770 and also at the same time bought 2 fog busters. Well, I've used the fog busters a total of twice and the smart cool on every other part! It's just soooo convenient to not have to constantly aim the flood coolant nozzle. I also upgraded to the 1/8 hp coolant pump so I have pretty decent flow. No issues with chips. Oh yeah, if you get the smart cool, look into the multi cool as well for just a bit more, and have optional M7 air blast. And I fully recommend QualiChem XTREME CUT 251C Coolant. Never a single spot of rust after a decent year of use!

Check out the smart cool in use on my you tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkj...2uD58CxOAPrypA
    Brian

ps, not a fan boy, just impressed by the smart cool device! lol

I use the Smartcool - with flood and fog buster (not the air blast as I can do that with a fog buster anyway). I like it mostly, but it is not always reliable. Sometimes it points where it is meant to, and other times it's off.

I'm a new user, Tormach 1100 with the Smartcool/Mutli cool.

With that I'm no expert but getting the setup right has been a real pain. Can't get it to reliably point at tool tip and when the cycle starts it points down below Z zero. Can't seem to get the ADMIN SMARTCOOL_OFFSET 1.0 (or whatever #) to enter (because in won't let me enter _'s for some reason) Even when I do M08 P2, once cycle starts it still points to below Z zero. SO for me it has been a real pain to get working right so far.

Other than that, I pause the cycle and use ALT U to point it where I want then the rest of the cycle it's good. I am being patient with this and trying to work through it because I truly believe it's worth it if you have an ATC.

I like the idea of the Smart Kool. Too bad it’s not compatible with Mach III.
    You can buy GOOD PARTS or you can buy CHEAP PARTS, but you can't buy GOOD CHEAP PARTS.