586,067 active members*
5,380 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Need Help

Need Help

We just got our new Haas VF4. how do i disable the door safty switch and locking unit?

You don't.

The door switch can no longer be bypassed and setting 51 does not exist anymore.

You can thank all of the lawyers and safety Nazi's for that.

Cannot bypass door switch

Please keep in mind that there is now a "setup mode".
    The key-switch on the side of the cabinet can be used to select a mode where the door can be left open for some functions. This includes running at reduced speed while holding down the Cycle-Start button.

here is what i came up with. JUMP P8 on your I/O board. or undo the door lock solenoids and locking tabs. mount solenoids above control panel, stick lock tabs in solenoids. in the morning when u power up remove and replace when it asks ya to open doors.

And after you do that make damn sure nobody ever hurts themself operating that machine and/or you never have OSHA inspectors around.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

I can't speak for the VF-4 but I recently got a DT-1 and I was irritated at first by the new safety-precautions with the door non-override. Then I realized how fast this machine is and how fast the tool changer is.....no comparison to the old-school carousel style tool changers.