508,028 active members
2,531 visitors online
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > 3.5 floppy drive or something else? After getting "Runtime error 158 at 0018:18FA"
Page 2 of 2 12
    Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by moldcore View Post
    Got one of those USB floppy emulators and still get the same error when loading into the machine or run one after loading. I can run programs directly from the thumb drive however. My guess is that it may be a memory issue in the SBC control. I'll check on that when this project is done with. I've lost a month chasing this thing down and I'm no closer now than when I started. So frustrating. PC based controls suck.
    I had a similar issue, and turned out to be the percent symbol at the beginning of the code used in networking messed up the file when using the emulator or disk drive. Erasing this fixed it. Also with the emulator you have to use a stick 1gb or less. Format to FAT as well

Registered

Re: 3.5 floppy drive or something else? After getting "Runtime error 158 at 0018:18F

My programs do not have or ever had that percent symbol and they still freeze up. Currently the programs will start, move the X and Y to position, start the spindle, then freeze while lowering the Z with the spindle still running and an error 158 " Sector not found" message. It does this with both the thumb drive and floppy disk. It ran from thumb drive for a few weeks but now get the same message every time even with different usb thumb drives or floppy disks. If I try to load anything into RAM or the parts directory it will shut down and go to DOS screen. I have tried to find Thumb Drives smaller than 8gb with no luck. I can format the 8gb drives with special software that came with the USB drive and that seemed to work. Something is seriously wrong with this machine.

Registered

Re: 3.5 floppy drive or something else? After getting "Runtime error 158 at 0018:18F

Hi Moldcore. To know Exactly why " Runtime error 158 at 0018:18FA" world require a call to Milltronics and ask . You will need your software version. then they can look up "that" address in that version of software and see "what is what'.

error 158 in the manual is "sector not found" That could mean, the floppy / emulator, the parts storage on the control or in the RAM. depending on what you are doing.

sportybob

Registered

Quote Originally Posted by sportybob View Post
    Hi Moldcore. To know Exactly why " Runtime error 158 at 0018:18FA" world require a call to Milltronics and ask . You will need your software version. then they can look up "that" address in that version of software and see "what is what'.

error 158 in the manual is "sector not found" That could mean, the floppy / emulator, the parts storage on the control or in the RAM. depending on what you are doing.

sportybob
    I Sent the controller to Milltronics and they could not find anything wrong with the controller or floppy emulator I was using. Frustrated to say the least. Something is corrupting the programs when loading onto the thumb drive or floppy. They suggested I remove the CF card in the controller and load the program directly into the parts directory.and that works but removing the CF card requires shutting down the machine then restarting it but that seems to create other problems, like the tool numbers get screwed up. The saga continues...

Registered

Endless options exist from my IT days.
    Ask Milltronics to try your usb drive and program in one of their machines.

Let us know.

Page 2 of 2 12