586,094 active members*
4,025 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > z axis resolver adjustment - 2000 4020h

z axis resolver adjustment - 2000 4020h

Had some service on machine last week when I was away, replaced z axis bearings and a few other things. spindle is now too low when I do tool changes and pushes tool out of grippers. manual says to adjust resolver but I have no clue where it is and how to adjust??

Re: z axis resolver adjustment - 2000 4020h

Quote Originally Posted by peakcnc View Post
    Had some service on machine last week when I was away, replaced z axis bearings and a few other things. spindle is now too low when I do tool changes and pushes tool out of grippers. manual says to adjust resolver but I have no clue where it is and how to adjust??

Look it up there’s a video on how to do it but if that’s no help take the cover off the top of the z axis motor and there are some small screws holding the resolver in. Manually push the tool changer in and put a .050” shim between the spindle nose and the toolchanger platter. They rotate the resolver until the spindle nose touches the shim.

ended up using the Axis Current Survey Settings to adjust Z. seems to be working so far. I attached file as to procedure. Maintenance guy I had in said he used this to set Z after he replaced bearings. Not sure if something wasn't set correct when he did it but it was around .075" lower than what I have it set to now.

Quote Originally Posted by peakcnc View Post
    ended up using the Axis Current Survey Settings to adjust Z. seems to be working so far. I attached file as to procedure. Maintenance guy I had in said he used this to set Z after he replaced bearings. Not sure if something wasn't set correct when he did it but it was around .075" lower than what I have it set to now.

You probably don’t have resolvers and it was much easier I didn’t read you had a 2000 machine. The stoped using resolvers in like 1994.

well hopefully this will help someone else down the line.