Hi All,
I'm reaching out to the group here to see if anyone can point me at some checks to resolve a Y-axis fault on my 2007 SV-2412, Oi-Mate control.
Servo drive throws no error, servo motor and encoder work very smooth when I plug them into the X-axis outputs, but when plugged back into Y, I can get maybe two rotations out of the servo before it throws a following error alarm.
Ballscrew turns very smooth, no binding.
The one to two rotations that I get out of the servo are *very* jerky.
I swapped the X & Z MOSFET power transistors (A50L-0001-0327s) under the servo amp board, but that didn't isolate the issue - Y-axis is still jerky and alarms out.
I've replaced the encoder but no luck.

I bought a used servo controller card (A20B-2101-0013/04B) but that card wouldn't even turn the servo amps on, so was faulty.
My original controller card will power the amps, but I can't seem to get the Y-axis to turn smoothly.

This situation happened about 10 minutes after it sat for ~6 months, then moving the machine, hooking up to a new rotary phase converter, and replacing backup battery,.
All parameters appear to have been retained during the change; machine powered up, homed, I started cleaning & tooling back up, and on the next power-down/up cycle the axis faults began.

If anyone can point me at some troubleshooting tips, or has experience resolving a similar fault, I'd be grateful to hear about it.

Thanks
Ken