Hello,

This is my first time posting in this forum, I've seen some impressive posts and hope someone here could help me out!

Currently I am working on retrofitting an Aerotech A3200 Nservo controller into an old CNC table that was running on an Aerotech U500 system with DR 500 drives.

I've been able to verify that all the Axis work, the limit switches are recognized. I have 6 total A3200 units, all of them report different issues on the axis's on different channels of the controller.

I have one controller that the X axis works, however Y and Z report issues. I've swapped those axis's into the channel that works, and everything is fine.

I assume it's a software problem on the software rather than the hardware judging all these units are new and have been in storage. My issue is when I am in the configuration program and go to initialize the controller, I receive a failure that reports the program failed to compile. I reached out to Aerotech but since I am not running the latest firmware, they won't help me and quoted a hefty fee for upgrading.

I'm being led to the fact that the initialization is critical for getting the controller on the same page as everything else. Has anyone else ran into the program compiling issue and found a resolution for it?

Thanks,

Patrick