586,112 active members*
3,070 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Ignoring Feed Speeds

Having an strange issue. Been using Desk CNC to run a 4 axis foam cutter, which DeskCnc has created a whole CAM system to extract G code with. This works well and makes good code, but for some reason, the created code will not obey feed speeds. No matter what I change it to, nor how drastic, it stays at one extremely slow speed. It feeds in and out at much faster and what I consider regular speeds, but as soon as it does actual cutting of an object, it slows to molassas. I use only one feed speed in the beginning of the code, so I'm not sure what's telling it to slow down. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Anyone know a way around this?

hi,xichanceix
    have you checked out the machine velocities in the deskcnc software?make sure that's in a correct settings, and also see what number you have entered in the "contouring" parameters,
    it's located at the bottom of the machine velocities window,i have the number 1 entered for smooth aceleration, if you enter 2 or 0 it will change the speed profile it's possible your problem, also verify the "speed range", i use my router on 40-125000sps,now switch to "axes set up" and verify "max vel (sps)" parameters increase the value of them and try. when i was setting up my software i had similar problem and i found it on the "machine" tab, where the parameters of "break arcs into lines" it was in the default mode and the machine was too slow when countoring, then i've entered the new number 0.00020 and it did a lot better motions,i don't know if this will help you but if it does,let me know, thanks.