Hi again,

& thanks again for your feedbacks.

@Craig: As it is I have been looking at drillman1 previously when you first mentioned this vendor as a good source of tools. And I would really like to buy from him.

The issue, however, is that living in Denmark we pay a 25% tax on the goods cost AND shipping costs when we buy something outside of the EU market having a value of more than USD 12. AND we pay an additional USD 25 handling fee for having the state handling these taxes. I don't mind paying the taxes but I do have a quibble paying USD 25 for tax handling every time I buy something that price-wise is in the "vicinity" of USD12.

Thus I prefer finding EU market vendors for items that have costs in the USD 12 - USD 150 region so as to not pay the handling fee for lower value things. Not to mention that shipping time from the US or Asia to Denmark is long - and adding to this the tax department's handling time which is also a couple of days. All in all the most feasible place to buy tool parts would be either Denmark or Germany.

When you originally suggested Kyocera-Tycom I did a search on the internet for a vendor within the EU but I didn't find any. It appears that most of the KT sales are in the US - if the search results can be taken as a guide for this.

>> High speed spindle with controller unit << ... This could be interesting but I have to narrow my focus also money-wise as my main area is audio electronics - which in itself can be quite a costly affair. So in a first round I hope to make the machine I have bought work just quite fair for prototypes and small production ... or use it to make another CNC mill/router. Will have to ponder this over the next weeks.

I have also been thinking about your TO-247 PCB milling: Unless you use very high voltages in your system I don't see why you need to consider arcing from a practical point of view ... There may of course be something that I do not know about (and there undoubtedly is!) but arcing typically is an issue at high voltages and high humidity. Just wondering

@Roger & Craig: I have been thinking about the lubricant or fluid cooling and I would much prefer to not use any oils or the like. As it is I am sort of a "start-up" and I work from my home ... Thus using oils may spray out on the walls - or elsewhere - something I'd like to avoid. I found this video yesterday on youtube showing how to mill in steel with a router resembling mine: The person here has enclosed the water on the steel surface with something white (silicone?) - a process that would be feasible for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-1BEqHR0gw

@Craig: Do you think this would be beneficial for normal copper/aluminum work with bigger sized end mills (3 - 4mms) like e.g. face milling?

And now, completing this post, I'd like to say again that I really do appreciate the feedback you have given ;-)

Cheers,

Jesper