Hi Folks,

Thought I might start a build thread for my latest CNC project. I am splitting this one with my father, he is doing the mechanical side and I am doing the electrical side.

The machine has been purchased, and my father is currently is well underway doing his stuff. I think he has nearly completed the x and y axis, but that is on hold for now due to some surgery. He is drawing up all the mechanical parts (progecad), and I am fairly sure he would be happy to post the drawings up for others. So hopefully I can get some files up here as well. I will try and get him to sign up to cnczone also, so perhaps he can answer questions on the mechanical and machining side. The old bugger is getting on now, in his 70's but he is still sharp as with the design/drafting/machining aspect of engineering. He might be slowing down physically, but he is still turning steel into chips at an alarming rate.

I have yet to start the electrics/electronics, but so far I have acquired DMM Dyn2 servo's and controller (copying bits from this thread https://www.cnczone.com/forums/rf-45...52676-cnc.html). These are going to be driven by an Ethernet Smooth Stepper (aquired) plugged into a cnc-technics break out board (on order). I had initially planed to use a PMDX break out board, but after several unanswered emails with request to purchase I gave up on the idea. I am currently debating on weather to stick with Mach 3 (as used on my current cnc router) or upgrade to mach 4. I'll plan to start drawing up the schematics for the electrical side over the next 2 weeks so I know what other stuff I need to order.

I dare say we wont get this completed till next year. I have about 2 months up my sleeve then I am overseas till the new year, but hopefully I can get some progress pics up soon.