I have two 770 Tormach machines. They are about ten years old but up until 2 years ago had limited use. I have been running them flawlessly for two years on Mach 3. I decided to upgrade to the PathPilot. I bought one new controller and one card for the second machine. The install went perfectly well.

Since the install I have been experiencing numerous problems. I have been running for about two weeks now. First I lost the Z axis drive on the one machine. I replaced it and since replacing it , it is constantly losing position, It will halt in the middle of a program , It loses it ref position. Just this morning I tried to run it again and it moved up fast ground to a halt and lost position. I have checked all the cables and connections and everything seems fine. This drive is only a week old and has only run about 3 times.

Yesterday, the second machine also lost the Z axis drive. It will only go down regardless of which way you move the shuttle. I swapped out drives and the problem went away.
I have a hard time believing this is coincidence. Both machines experience the same failure within days of one another.

I am lost as to what to do next as I no longer have mach 3 for one of the machines. I plan to switch computers today and try to see it the problem goes away.

Any input greatly appreciated