586,069 active members*
3,737 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Trouble with tracing a scanned in drawing

Trouble with tracing a scanned in drawing

Hello,

I have BobCAD-CAM 2007 with the upgrade of Level 2 Predator software. I have tried scanning the drawing through Microsoft Word and from there to copy the scanned drawing into BobCAD-CAM 2007. However, whenever I try to do that the paste icon in BobCAD-CAM 2007 is not enabled. So I then tried using Autodesk Inventor 2007 which I used the scanned drawing in Microsoft Word and paste the image into the program. However, I noticed that when I trace the drawing I am not able to match the lines of the drawing. Can anyone suggest a better way in tracing a scanned drawing using Autodesk Inventor 2007, BobCAD-CAM 2007, or some other software program. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby1 View Post
    Hello,

I have BobCAD-CAM 2007 with the upgrade of Level 2 Predator software. I have tried scanning the drawing through Microsoft Word and from there to copy the scanned drawing into BobCAD-CAM 2007. However, whenever I try to do that the paste icon in BobCAD-CAM 2007 is not enabled. So I then tried using Autodesk Inventor 2007 which I used the scanned drawing in Microsoft Word and paste the image into the program. However, I noticed that when I trace the drawing I am not able to match the lines of the drawing. Can anyone suggest a better way in tracing a scanned drawing using Autodesk Inventor 2007, BobCAD-CAM 2007, or some other software program. Thanks in advance.
    Post this question in the "Share your Files Art or Part" Thread. Those guys will have the best suggestions for you.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...572#post292572

Cheers!!!!!!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com