I have been using an 80 watt laser cutting machine for over 2 years now, quite often. Thinking of getting my own smaller bed 700x500 machine at 50 watts and have a few Qs.

Here goes.

I am wondering about using a filtration system on top of the extraction system and will probably get a better air assist system for extra air. As the extraction tube out of my business building is quite a low roof I am thinking it may be best to filter the mainly acrylic fumes than just to simply extract them. How much more would this likely cost and is this a wise choice?

Also wondering about the power of a 50 tube as to an 80watt tube. I am using a machine that has been recently re-fitted with an new 80watt tube and have found we are using 40 to 50% power settings cutting 3mm up to 8mm acrylic. It seemed a bit lively for the first 4 weeks, not helped by a weathered laser bed!!!

Typical setting for 3mm 40 power and 11 speed, 5/6mm power set at 45 and speed set at 7 for a decent edge and 8mm power at 55/55 and speed of 5. Any more power and I get more flashback issues. Would I notice a big difference in speed (not that much an issue) and or power using 50watts? For example speed lower and power higher ratio. I may sometimes cut as deep as 10mm acrylic.

Thanks in advance

mart