Good evening everyone,

I have some questions about 5 axis CNC machining and programming. If you can spare any of your time, I'd greatly appreciate it.

For a TLDR summary, I'm needing to learn about 5 axis machining and can you recommend any of the following:

Youtube videos, books, or internet websites or webpages that will teach a current 3 axis machinist to..

1. Setup up 5 axis CNC vertical machining centers. (including tooling setup, finding center of rotation, programming, bringing dimensions into tolerance, etc...)

2. Technical in's and out's about programming a 5 axis machine.

3. Shops, schools, or makerspaces in the DFW area that do 5 axis machining, and will let a student learn through observation, or better yet, get practice and instruction on setting up a 5 axis machine and make a few practice parts?

4. Any other pertinent information.

For those who have read this far, I do appreciate it. Below, I'll explain a problem I've been having.

I can't figure out how to make the A axis tilt towards me when I do a swarf toolpath in mastercam. Right now, the table in my simulator is tilting away from me, and I won't be able to see the part if I were looking at the part from the front of the machine doors.

I'm trying some parameters in my tool axis control, linking, & cut pattern parameters, but haven't found the solution yet.

Logic tells me that whenever possible, you always want the A axis to tilt towards you so that you can see the cutting. It also serves as a good visual check against crashes.

Any help is greatly appreciated.