586,068 active members*
3,735 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > 700X500 Machine arrived! I don't think I like it:'( . Please give advice!

Question 700X500 Machine arrived! I don't think I like it:'( . Please give advice!

Hello there guys, I have been operating with my 500x300 Shenhui G350 for 6 years. It cuts my stuff alright

I bought this chinese one here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/80W-CO2-LAS...K/122990426034
    Because I wanted the increased work area.

The main difference between them 2 so far, is the Controller.

The shenhui uses RDworks : .rd files, which has a plugin that works perfectly with Corel Draw X7.

The new Machine uses AutoLaser : .out files.

Big problem is, the corel draw plugin is not working with autolaser ! When I run the MACRO, it gives me an error (image attached)

I've tried a fresh installation of corel draw X7, I've tried the supplied version of the corel draw 12 that came with the machine, I formated my pc to make sure I had a piece of mind that the plugins were'nt somehow overlaping and glitching, I tried another pc.

Right now, I can only make it work by saving files to PLT in corel, and opening in AutoLaser.
    I hope I can fix this. I wish this new controller would read .rd files. I wonder if there is a way to convert RD to .out ... Or even a autolaser alternative compatible software. But All my files are in corel, thats why I really want to ddirect output from it.

Would it be possible to take the controller from my Shenhui and replace the TL410 ? I hate this controller, everything requires multiple clicks... Even to frame the work area takes more than 1 click, It is not time effective.

Please Help :'(
    Thanks guys.

Re: 700X500 Machine arrived! I don't think I like it:'( . Please give advice!

hi
    this might be a long shot
    but have you tried putting an rd file on a usb stick, plug it into the machine a nd access it and see what happens
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dtcrafts View Post
    hi
    this might be a long shot
    but have you tried putting an rd file on a usb stick, plug it into the machine a nd access it and see what happens
    Dave
    yes i have, ive tried a usb stick in fat32, and also ntfs... it reads it empty !!

in fact i used the same usb stick that has all my files in there. I guess i will just save all of my cdrs as plts because i cant get the plugin to work. the macro runs on corel 12, but when i click the plugin button, autolaser doesnt catch the file and opens empty... in corel x7 it doesnt even gun and throws an error.

i even made one file from scratch in corel 12 to minimize the chance of imconpatibility in the cdr file... sux