586,094 active members*
3,912 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati Arrow 1000 with Simmons 2100 no screen

Cincinnati Arrow 1000 with Simmons 2100 no screen

I could use some help with a Cincinnati Arrow I just bought. Got it all hooked up, Power It Up but no screen. When I power it up it beeps the handheld lights up. I took the cover off the back of the screen and when it beats a light flashes. The screen does not glow or anything it was replaced a few years ago. I did call up the guy they used to service the machine and he's telling me it could be the video card in the PC. If it was the video card went to screen at least glow? I checked all the fuses but I don't know how the screen gets power. The machine is a 2004 I believe it is a LCD screen. Any help would sure be appreciated.

Re: Cincinnati Arrow 1000 with Simmons 2100 no screen

Hi, I had the same issue. I just bought a 2nd hand VGA monitor and plugged it in & bingo!
    £50 monitor sorted it for me.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

How can you get a regular monitor to hook up? The cord that is on my machine has a plug I've never seen before

How can you get a regular monitor to hook up? The cord that is on my machine has a plug I've never seen before

He is referring to a different vintage machine that used a VGA connector, so not as easy for you. Depending on what hardware you have, could be the WS board, video card if it has one (as he suggested), or a few items in the op station.

I don't know which hardware setup you have, but it can be difficult isolating each component to test with some of them if you don't have the right hardware. I keep a full set of the boards so I can test and verify where the issue is.

Since it is a new to you machine, another warning for you...even though you don't have a display, it is possible the control is booting up and you don't know it. Shutting the control down in the middle of loading can corrupt the hard drive so you may want to remove it from the machine until you get the display sorted out (unless you can confirm it is not loading).

I do have the hard drive out. Where can I get a video card?

The video card is shown in your pictures. The connector is labelled OSA on the back of the monitor, and the other end of that cable is plugged into the video card (mounted next to your WS Board). From my experience these cards don't fail often though (I've only seen one that did, and it failed by distorting the colors, not as you described), so I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this card is bad.

The video card is shown in your pictures. The connector is labelled OSA on the back of the monitor, and the other end of that cable is plugged into the video card (mounted next to your WS Board). From my experience these cards don't fail often though (I've only seen one that did, and it failed by distorting the colors, not as you described), so I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this card is bad.