586,075 active members*
4,417 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > I have the CNCFusion Kit for the X3, Now what?

I have the CNCFusion Kit for the X3, Now what?

Well, being as the instructions on their site are incomplete, do I need anything else?

It seems I have some bearings in the stock ACME screws that came with my X3, but do I need to go out and buy any extra bearings or anything else to get the kit properly installed?

Thank You

is anyone able to help me out here quick?

Sorry, I can't help. Try e-mailing CNCFusion and asking them.

Alan

i did in fact already e-mail them and he didn't really say much.

from the conversions i have seen, u use the stock bearings and adjust preload by a locknut (atleast that is what i have seen on the x axis)

I just finished my X3 conversion with the same kit, and yes - the instructions are quite incomplete.

You should have received the motor mounts, two shaft collars, and some Lovejoy couplers; these and some miscellaneous hardware (also included) should be all you need.

after building the machine and upgrading the parts its become obvious to use the bearings supplied with the mill.

its also become obvious that these aren't the best bearings, and now I understand upgrading to angular contacts is the way to go.

well damn. I don't want to take the axes apart again. I suppose I'll upgrade them if backlash becomes a concern.

Bearings and backlash

Affirm, affirm - the X3 bearings are junk. And preload is 'adjusted' with a pry-bar while tightening up the shaft collars.

I wound up with backlash in the 4 to 6 mil range; that's comparable to what the mill had before I installed the kit.

FWIW: it's possible to leave the handwheel on the X axis; don't know why the instructions specify that it be removed.

Crap bearings

Ok, Need to change the bearings. Does anyone have information on what replacement bearings to get? part no. source etc.??
    Thanks

Hello Ron,

I see it's been awhile with no replies, did you ever replace the bearings? If so which ones did you end up going with?

Bob