586,043 active members*
3,661 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Amada Coma567 not detecting work clamps. Will not prevent work clamp punch event.

Question Amada Coma567 not detecting work clamps. Will not prevent work clamp punch event.

My Amada Coma 567 is not detecting the work clamps. The controller is a Fanuc 04PC. It has a 44-station turret.

Using the diagnosis screen, I can tell the the Confirm ON/OFF switch is functional. I can tell the Confirm pushbutton is functional. I do not know the bit(s) responsible for detecting a work clamp. If anyone knows the bit(s) responsible, please let me know.

Thanks

Re: Amada Coma567 not detecting work clamps. Will not prevent work clamp punch event

Check the rollers under the clamp. Check condition of brass bar. When the clamp rolls onto the brass bar it grounds it. You also need Y axis Override limit to be made in order to get override confirm light. Your electrical diagram will give you diag #'s. Usually the wire breaks off the brass bar or the clamp rollers fall apart.

Re: Amada Coma567 not detecting work clamps. Will not prevent work clamp punch event

Thank you for responding.

I don't know the name of the sensors in question. I don't recognize the signals in the drawings. If you know the name of the signals and/or the bit numbers (if there are more than one), please send them my way.

The quality of the drawings is very poor. Looks like somebody scanned in a document that was a copy of a copy of a copy ... . You get the idea. After the docs were scanned in, somebody used an OCR program. The conversion was less than satisfactory. For example, +X became tX. The program could not always tell the difference between a 0, 6, 8 and 9.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_who View Post
    The quality of the drawings is very poor. Looks like somebody scanned in a document that was a copy of a copy of a copy ... . You get the idea. After the docs were scanned in, somebody used an OCR program. The conversion was less than satisfactory. For example, +X became tX. The program could not always tell the difference between a 0, 6, 8 and 9.
    No problem, Email me, its easier for me to share info
    [email protected]