584,333 active members*
6,977 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Polls > Voice Your Opinion On "POLYMER CONCRETE FRAME" Thread!

View Poll Results: Do you like the current thread format?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I find it helpful and I think it's heading in the right direction.

86 72.88%
  • Not really, I think it's heading in the wrong direction.

10 8.47%
  • Bob was right, you guys ae crazy...

8 6.78%
  • What the hell is Polymer Concrete?

14 11.86%

Cool Voice Your Opinion On "POLYMER CONCRETE FRAME" Thread!

Hello everyone!

We have this cool new thread in Mechanical Engineering sub forum, and we'd like to ask your opinion about the projects we're working on.

The thread titled "Polymer Concrete Frame" is 4 months old but already generating buzz in the community, so please help us shape it with your ideas and enthusiasm!

Thank you and have a great day!
    _

Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
    Hello everyone!

We have this cool new thread in Mechanical Engineering sub forum, and we'd like to ask your opinion about the projects we're working on.

The thread titled "Polymer Concrete Frame" is 4 months old but already generating buzz in the community, so please help us shape it with your ideas and enthusiasm!

Thank you and have a great day!
    Dear Walter,

More black "sporty" stuff.

Bring it on.

Best Wishes,

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by walter View Post
    ..The thread titled "Polymer Concrete Frame" is 4 months old but already generating buzz in the community, so please help us shape it with your ideas and enthusiasm!.....
    buzz

To make a low droning or vibrating sound like that of a bee.

To move quickly and busily; bustle.

To fly low over: The plane buzzed the control tower.

A vibrating, humming, or droning sound.

A telephone call: Give me a buzz at nine.

A state of pleasant intoxication, as from alcohol.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by martinw View Post
    Dear Walter,

More black "sporty" stuff.

Bring it on.

Best Wishes,

Martin
    Dear Walter,

It was a joke, and not a very good one. Please accept my apologies.

You are doing really, really good work. I do not know where it will lead to, but E/G, E/Q is pretty much out of the closet now.

Many thanks,

Best wishes,

Martin

It is very enjoyable, being fallowingit wery closely

I've been following it since it was about 6 pages. Since then I've moved and I'm setting up my shop. Once finished I hope to help or at least make use of the final solutions that come out of it.

At this point some very interesting tests are underway and a ton of progress has been made since the early "theory" days of the thread.

Its also got a good mix of engineering and plucky inventors going at it.

I'm waiting for one of you to write a final paper so I can pirate as much as possible from it. I want to stuff the E/G into rectangular steel tubing with electrical conduit inside for wiring etc. Keep on going, I,m getting older.
    DZASTR

Richard,I got that age-old problem too.I beleive and think it was determined that any sand/epoxy mix will improve a steel tube.In factE/Q,that is Quaker puffed wheat/epoxy will do something positive.
    Hit a steel tube with a hammer and hear it ring.Different lengths will ring at different frequincy's like a church organ.Having many different tube lengths in a machine will produce a concert,hopefully in key.
    Seriously,A hollow tube depending on length will resonate at a certain frequency.Filling the hollow with sand/ epoxy or just sand will improve vibration damping.
    Take a tube and ding it with a hammer,It will ring like a bell.Fill the tube with sand,it will go dud dud.This has to do with cavity resonance.No cavity,no resonance.We fill hollow steel loudspeaker stands to reduce sympathic resonances.
    L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Hi !!

It's simply great -- No words to show my appeiciation.

Hopefully When I have read all the pages ( Read only 25 so far ) I would have adequate working knowlege to expriments for producing Hollow Beam for a CMM. Currently we drill along total length which is very costly affair and breakage due to hair cracks are also very high.

Some C kind of shapes are also in my mind that I would like to cast once trials are successful.

Can we have Printable version with a link ?

Keep it up folks

Udayan

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments!

For printable version go to: Thread Tools, Show Printable Version.

_

keep it coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! I can't tell you how much more usable all this data has become due to your excellent reorganization of everything. Great job and keep up the great work! I was following this thread some time ago but drifted away from it partly from personal reasons but also because it seemed like most if not all the info was here but how to find out where, when, and by whom, would give anyone a migrane....not the case now however. Maybe I'll try my hand at casting a machine base in the near future. Thanks again, awesome! Joe.

i read the posts daily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Yeah I found this thread helpful i voted it
    cheap essays

Re: Voice Your Opinion On "POLYMER CONCRETE FRAME" Thread!

I think the current thread format is really good, I like it very much and read everyday, keep going! Every people can find a place to express themselves and also can get more useful information from here, really a nice place! :cheers:
    ISweek(http://www.isweek.com/)- Industry sourcing & Wholesale industrial products