586,308 active members*
3,543 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: ROBOCNC X2

Hybrid View

ROBOCNC X2

HI all,
    I have a simple question, has anyone purchased a ROBOCNC X2 router machine? If you have do you have any comments about the machine.
    thanks in advance.

vic

Re: ROBOCNC X2

Hi, I don't remember he is selling machines or kits. But I love his design, which is very similar to the kits you can get from DamenCNC. Don't hesitate to contact them, answer may take a couple of days, but they'll answer all your questions.

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A5010 en utilisant Tapatalk

ericks Guest

Yes his design and quality of work is great. I am using some aspects of his design on my own machine.....i did not know that he was selling kits/machines

Thanks Guys, I guess that I should have stated that Damen CNC does sell kits for the machine. I too am impressed with his basic design but do have concerns about structural rigidity when used for machining Aluminum.
    vic

Quote Originally Posted by vicpaulsen View Post
    Thanks Guys, I guess that I should have stated that Damen CNC does sell kits for the machine. I too am impressed with his basic design but do have concerns about structural rigidity when used for machining Aluminum.
    vic
    Structural rigidity should be the strength of this gutter/bridge architecture compared to moving gantry. Depending on your Z height needs, sides can easily be reinforced and triangulated.
    You can also "close the bed" like RouterCNC build on YT

Envoyé de mon ONEPLUS A5010 en utilisant Tapatalk

ericks Guest

His machine looks very rigid. My machine has a different design/size main frame. I am also not using rack and pinion like he did. His Z axis design is great, mine is very similar....