512,585 active members
3,609 visitors online
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Metalworking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Hartford VMC 850 / meldasmagic64 / G03 causing locking up

Hartford VMC 850 / meldasmagic64 / G03 causing locking up

Hi

A customer of mine has got a Hartford vmc 850 with a meldasmagic64 control the machine had a hard drive boot issue, I have now sorted out the hard disk, But, whilst the machine was down the parameters were lost from the NC card. I have managed to get the parameters and plc restored from a backup and got the machine back running again. Everything is now running fine except when a G03 or G04 is executed the axes don't move and the control just hangs up.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks Andrew

Re: Hartford VMC 850 / meldasmagic64 / G03 causing locking up

Am I right in thinking that all the processing of the interpolation is done in the memory modules on the meldas NC card?

Re: Hartford VMC 850 / meldasmagic64 / G03 causing locking up

check the option param

Quote Originally Posted by metalcutting View Post
    check the option param
    Hi,
    thanks for the reply, what is the option param.

Hi

Does anybody know if there is a parameter to turn on/off circular interpolation in the Mitsubishi meldas magic 64 control.

Thanks Andrew

Hi,
    Just in case anybody else has the same fault in future, the problem seems to have been corruption on the NC card memory so i initialised the memory using the memory clear button on the NC card driver and everything thing is working ok now, obviously make sure you have a backup of the NC card before you do this.
    Thanks Andrew