Hi all.
I kindly ask you for some .... hints on how to use this software on linuxCNC.

As (finally) I finished building my machine, I'm starting the test cuts.
Unfortunately, the worktable is not flat, so I have been looking for a solution, and found GcodeRipper.

As I understood, it should work like my 3D printer: before the job, the probe tests all the surface, then modifies the code to adapt to the worktable.

But, after reading the manual and watching video on youtube, I still have some problem.

- The software comes with a GUI in Windows, but how to use it in LinuxCNC? It works only by commandline and no possibility of linux GUI? (I'm not really Linux-friendly....).

So I tried to work with 2 PCs, one with LinuxCNC and one with Windows. On Windows, I open the gcode with GcodeRipper, set the probe offset, then save the new file (probe and cut); but:

- I get a message about LinuxCNC: "The probe point data from LinucCNC will be written to a file named 'probe_points.txt' . The file will be located in the linuxCNC configuration folder." Now my question: I'm using a Windows PC (then with no LinuxCNC): where will you put this file???? Btw, how to use this file?

- Nevertheless, I saved the new gcode file (with the appendix Probe_n_cut). Before migrate the file to the second PC (linuxCNC), I tried to run online the file to check the job. The new file is...odd: on the preview area I can see the added probe path (zig-zag), but my original path is damaged (about one third of the job is missing). If I try anyway to run the job, the "virtual" tool seems move with no target, ignoring completely even my "survived" path.

Can someone kindly take me by hand through the full process from ripping the code to make linuxcnc follows the new one?

Thank you all very much

Andrea