I was wanting to get started on building either a 4 x 4 or 4 x 8 and wondered if anyone had a current price amount they have spent on completing either machine? Just making sure the BOM is pretty close. Also wondering if when it's all said and done if anything is still needed to start using the machine after the build?

Is there any good place for purchasing the parts needed? Just wondering if the Evo 2.0 has any real changes that need to be made to incorporate the linear rails. I think Joe said that it's for the most part the same BOM but there is not much activity on either of the forums that are used for the Joe's CNC builds.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm a little overwhelmed and not sure where I want to start, I thought the table but then I have to decide on the table material - wood or metal and my metal working skills are very lack luster at best, plus I'm really trying to keep the build down below 4 or 5k. I would like to build something to cut 60 x 60 for baltic birch and just trying to scale everything and I'm the type that works best with instructions and this build is missing the step-by-step part so I'm having a hard time starting.