586,104 active members*
3,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > G54 and tool offsets to be equal

G54 and tool offsets to be equal

when i pull up a tool is there a way so the height and dia. offset follow the tool number offsett or do i have to manually change it.

how do i keep the g54 as a default so i dont have to manually set it in each toolpath. I keep getting a g92 when i post and not a g54

op manager. properties of that tool path. first page, click on misc values. Misc interger #1 needs to be a "2" to get G54's instead of G92's. Then click Planes and at the bottom of that window is a tic box called Work offset. "0" is G54. "1" is G55 etc.
    That ought to get you what you need.

i know how to change it in the operations manager but i hate having to remember to change it in every one so im wondering if there is a way to keep it at 2 (g54). thanks

change it in edit commopn parameters and save that empty file. The one that MCX2 calls when you start up.
    I think it's in settings and preferances.

At the bottom of the Misc page is a check box "Use post values" or something like that. Check the box. Most likely your post was set to use mi1 = 2, but when you updated Mastercam didn't set that as the default.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

What version of Mastercam? but so you know you want to set this in the defaults so every time you pick a path it is set for you.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .