586,111 active members*
3,724 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Problem with 6m controller

Hello the other day I was checking my table limits to see if I could fit a job on my Mitsui seiki mill. I was jogging the table slowly and tripped the y axis limit. Resetting the axis and moving the table off the limit gave me a 400 servo error?
    I have cleaned the limit switches and played duck duck goose with the relays in the back. I am afraid I do not have a manual for the machine. Would somebody know where I can go from here? Thank you in advance.

I should point out that this is a 6m controller.

You overloaded the servo, maybe hit the end stop.
    Check for servo fuses and see if the alarm flag fuses show tripped, these are three black rectangular fuses with a small circular window that will show a white flag if blown, they are on the drives.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

If you have yellow cap motors, press the reset button on the overload.
    This is located in the servo drive, just above the terminal strip

Al I didnt see any blown fuses. cleaning out the ways to check the y axis limit switched revieled 5 gallons of chips had gotten underneath the way covers over the years its a wonder the limit switch was even working.

cnc yes they are yellow caps. Are you saying the reset is on the controller board for the motor or inside the motor istelf?

Do you get the fault on switch on or when you move the axis? The fuses and flag fuses and O/L reset should all be on the drive usually, you may have a contactor above it that has the reset on it depending on the drive.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Here is one of the flag fuses (Who's flag is flying.). These will be in the SCR drives.

The overload relay (that has a red reset button.) will be on the transistor PWM drives. Sorry no picture.

Darek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FlagFuse.jpg  

The reset button is on the servo drive not the motor

resetting the motor worked I dont get a 400 servo error.

:drowning: Im now getting a 424 y axis error code?

under diagnostics the 801 is flickering between 0-1-2 so fast it looks like a blur?

Look this

this is the 424 alarm code.

William
    Attached Files Attached Files

Check parameter 125 is 0

parameter 125 has a value of -7

I have found the problem. Not sure if it happened during clean up of the ways to get to the limit switches or if it was the cause of the initial error of the machine as they were chips in and under the scale. The last 3/4 of an inch of the inductosyn scale has the copper lattices stripped. I have a question about this. This extremity of the scale is not used I wonder if it would be possible just to fix the open circut in the scale by soldering the copper strips back together on that end? Would it change any needed impediance? I would hate to spend 500.00 on a scale when a bit of solder would fix the issue

after replacing this scale will I have to reset any parameters?
    thanks for everyones help in this problem.

You should be able to complete the circuit and get it to work. I have never seen one of the Fanuc Inductosyn scales, since most machines just use the pulsecoder on the motor. I have worked with the G&L inductosyn and Farrand inductosyn scales which come in 10" sticks and you stack them end to end to get the needed travel. One G&L I worked on X had 31' of travel.

It has been my experience the scales are not much longer than the axis travel.

Darek

Will I have to reset any parameters or perform any type of calibration after fixing/replacing the scale.

You should not have to change any parameters (provided the scale is the same resolution.). Most sine wave scales do require a scope to set the wave amplitude and centering after installation.

Darek

A repair of the open circut in the inductosyn changes nothing as far as the error 424 code. Could the preamp be damaged when the end of the scale got damaged. I checked the clearance the resolver dosent reach the damaged part of the scale before the limit switches trip. Is there a way to check the preamp with a digital voltmeter?