586,102 active members*
2,970 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc Servo Amp losing home

We are having an issue with a Fanuc servo amp, it is a two axis controller. We can teach it home, touch tooling off, and everything will be fine. Can run a cycle, or maybe two, then it will loose x axis home. Some of the times it will be close to the same spot, but other times it will do it where ever, (different positions). We have changed servo motors, encoder cables, and even switched servo amps with a new one. But still with the same effect.

The alarms very from a 446 nAxis Hard Disconnect alarm, And under the details of servo alarm it will flag the number 1 bit, which is: A disconnection alarm is being generated.

Or it will alarm with: 366 nAxis: Pulse Miss (INT). A pulse error occurred in the built in pulse coder. Within the Diganos #202 will show a #3 bit (PCA): Speed count trouble alarm has occurred.

The thing I don't understand is the two different motors, two different encoder cables, two different drives, but still the same issues.

We are pretty much at a loss, and I have found a few different answers to questions I've had within this forum, and thought this would be a good place to have my questions answered.

Thank you in advance for any time you would like to take to answer my thread.

What control model? 16iMA, 18MB? Maybe we can dig into the control end of this.

It is for a Murata with an 18i controler. A twin spindle, with a three axis gantry, auto loader.

I think it is within the pulse coder, I suspect the motor that was sent out for repair was not tested to the extent of our usage. I think tomorrow I am going to take the Z and X axis motors, and swap them to see if the issue follows the motor, or see if it stays with the axis.

Fanuc 18i T, controller. We always call it an 18i, but I looked today, and I was wrong. But it turned out to be the pulse coder. Took another one, and put it on the orignal motor, and it has been running fine now. But, thank you not an expert for you willingness to help.

No problem, that's why we are on this thing!