Hey all,

I won't get into the discussion about the best way to convince a significant other that our machines are a good idea, although I am enjoying some of the creative arguments folks are putting forward!

I did want to set the record straight on Mach3 and Mach4 support at CNC Router Parts. While we don't offer direct support for Mach 4 yet, this software is compatible with our systems, which are based around the Ethernet Smoothstepper from Warp9 as others have noted. The main reason we have delayed adoption of Mach 4 is because the Torch Height Control plugin we use for plasma applications is still in the process of being ported. We expect this to be completed soon, and once it has been verified and tested, we will be providing profiles and support for our machines using Mach 4 for both routing and plasma cutting applications.

Our goal is to make this a significantly better software experience than Mach 3, both in terms of functionality and ease of installation. I know this community is eager for an alternative to Mach 3, and we are as well - we just want to make sure we're fully ready to support both new customers and those wishing to transition their existing systems to Mach 4.

Ahren
CNCRouterParts