Hi - I am a relative newbie to CNC. I have a good solid quality mill that I bought about 5 yrs ago to make model aircraft moulds. It has a UCCNC ETH-300 motion controller, CNC4PC C23 breakout board, G320X Gecko drives, Fuling dzb200b002.2l2dk VFD inverter, servo drives and ball screws on linear rails.

This problem happened a couple of times and was rectified with a restart, but yesterday I was jogging it around preparing for a job and seems to now be permanent.

The problem is that the servos won't stay on at all. When I start the machine and then press the servo start button, you can hear the servos chatter while I'm pressing the button but they shut off immediately I let go of the button.

Looking at the Gecko drives, the power and fault lights are lit on all 3 drives. "In Pos" and “Warn" lights are not lit. I can't see any other errors anywhere.

Normally I'd contact Justin at Vermec, where I bought the machine and he'd probably diagnose it in a few minutes, but he's away and uncontactable.

Any tips on where to start?

Thanks,
Andrew